As most of you already know Tom had trouble with his knee in Munster. That all turned out well and he was back to work with his knee mending on its own. However, now in Bergedorf he was having leg pains so went in to see what was up. The MRI from his knee problem concerned his new Dr.'s, specifically, a small abnormality they detected. So, after talking with Pres. Thompson on the phone one morning, we decided to take it one step at a time with a biopsy of said abnormality. Could be nothing but they wanted to make sure. Laparoscopic surgery was scheduled, performed, and abnormality, because it was so small, was entirely removed. A week later the biopsy results were good news, no cancer.
With all this I wanted to wait until all the news was in before posting.
However, we have a bit of catch up now. Tom has continued to share the German language with us, sending a word each week. I'll be posting those. It's been fun to see how some of them are similar to our English version, and then how different and foreign others are. I also have several pictures I think you might enjoy seeing. Some from Munster and from his latest medical adventure.
Upon leaving the hospital, Tom was told he needed to give himself shots to prevent blood clots in the deep veins in his leg while he was on bed rest. I don't think he was too happy about that but when we talked with him later, he said it wasn't all that bad.WORDS OF THE MONTH!!!
Moin Moin - North German slang for Hello or Good Morning
Swischen - in between
Langsam - slow
Germans refer to operations as OP's. The German word for operation is the same as our, just said funny.
Veloren - lost
Frauenhilfsvereinigungprasidentschafftsversamlang - Relief Society Presidency Meeting. I dare you to use that one at church! lol
Now, a couple pic.'s from Munster. The churches in Europe are incredible. Here are a couple that were on the memory stick.


We learned of a tradition among the missionaries. When they've been out six months they celebrate by burning a tie. Good thing it wasn't one of the nice ones I sent with him.

I found this picture 'interesting'. How many languages are on the wrapper?

No comments:
Post a Comment