NEWS FROM HAMBURG AND TOM....
GREAT news on this end. We got a baptismal date 2 days ago with a nice man from Camaroon named Elvis. He has been on date once, but didn't get baptised cuz he has a crappy work schedule. I promised him if he went back on date and worked towards this goal that his life would order itself out enough to allow him to make the step. He agreed after a bit of probing from us too, and we are excited to work with him.
BIGGER NEWS:
The Germany Hamburg Mission is at an end, and will be closing in June when our mission president goes home. The Zurich Switzerland mission is also closing. They will be added to the Munich Austria mission and depending on WHERE I am serving in June, I will be moved into either the Berlin Mission or the Frankfurt mission. I am hoping to go Berlin side (where the majority of the mission will go) but it remains to be seen.
In today's Church News there was a listing of all the missions that are being consolidated. It said the Hamburg mission will be combined with the Berlin, Germany mission. I had a friend over today that I haven't seen in years. She lived in Berlin before the wall went down and said it's a beautiful city.
WORD OF THE WEEK
Verfolgen - to pursue, chase down or hunt. (in a way)
Saturday, February 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment