Wednesday, November 18, 2009

More stories in Tom's latest email on Monday. He thought this would be "totally blog worthy".
"Thursday night we got home from Zone Conference and went out into the city to meet a contact from a few days earlier. He lived on a long street called Warrendorf Str. number 273. We were at number 30. So, we were like "let's take a bus? t'will be short and quick" So we got on a bus and thought "we only have like...3 stops to go, we will stand at the front of the bus! So we did. I was facing with my back to the front of the bus about to take hold of a pole as Elder Anderson held on to 2 poles he was leaning against. Just then the bus driver slammed on the brakes. HARD. I went flying backwards as everyone else (not many people) on the bus braced themselves. I grabbed a pole mid flight and spun around hard, slamming my right jaw into the pole in the process. I was dazed and surprised and slumped down into a chair grasping my face. The bus driver saw I was "injured" and ran off the bus and chased the little girl who had crossed the street and caused him to stop so suddenly, down. He dragged her back to the bus and pulled us to the side of the road. In summation, he believed I was really injured and wanted her information and mine so that if I had a problem it would fall on her head and not the bus companys. I assured him I was fine (the pain was subsiding) and that I wouldn't need an ambulance or anything. He demanded her information still and mine. I obliged as did she, but she was crying a lot of the time (probably 14 or 13 years old) She apologized to the bus load of people and me especially. I told her it was no big deal and I wasn't angry. After a half hour of drama or so, he let her go and the bus continued onward. I was blessed with no injuries save for some minor muscle aches which have now basically subsided. I just popped some Advil that night and continued to do the Lords work, safe and sound. T'was crazy and fun though. I thought you would like to know."

No comments:

Post a Comment